TN: 2015 Sandlands Trousseau (USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast)

• 2015 Sandlands Trousseau - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (8/19/2017)
    Ethereal wine. Very light in color, almost with a tinge of orange. Beautiful nose of strawberries and roses. Silky mouthfeel. Flavors of berries and herbs linger on the palate for a long time. My only complaint is that I was just allocated two of these wines. I’d order this by the case if I could.

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for the note, I’m trying to hold on to mine as long as I can.

Nice. I am drinking a 2015 Carignan as I type. Notes later.

Look forward to hearing about this one.

Nice and intriguing notes Tom. Only heard about the varietal called AKA Bastardo, but not sampled. I will have to try a Trousseau for the first time.

Thanks for the note!!

I only purchased the Mataro and Carignan this last offering. I am too pumped about these to adopt any new grape obsessions!

Great note Tom, thx – was this your first time with the Trousseau?

I’m pretty sure we all feel the same way!!!

Just had this last night and was going to post a TN tomorrow with a few others. No better time than the present :slight_smile:

Lovely forward flavors of cherry, strawberry and cranberry. The fruit is sweet but the wine is not. Meaning that it is a beautiful combination of perfectly ripe fruit with plenty of acidity to carry it. Mix in some subtle floral notes and a touch of tannin on the long finish makes this a joy to drink.
Went really well with roast chicken and pork chop au jus. Only problem, this was my only bottle, like Tom this is an easy case purchase!

Tom

There are very few wines I would want a case of, and this is not one of them. I would rather wait and try each and every new vintage to see how they change, what is the same and what is different. This is a beautiful wine, bu I am Happy with two!

That Trousseau is special!