TN: 2015 Pierre Gonon Saint-Joseph

Now that Suckles has rated the Gonon . . .

I’d sell mine at $110 all day long. I think.

Yeah. A few places had it. Sold out real quick. The places that have it now all marked it up

I think ws low on 15 chaillot is 70

Well I bit for a few just cuz Fu told me to.

that’s frustrating…usually a wine i buy year in and out that used to be easy to source

In the last 1-2 years KL has gone from “one of the good guys” pricing to 'I’m gonna get you sucka" pricing. Still good peeps and great customer service though.

Happened across a few magnums yesterday at Prieuré Roch’s bistro in Nuits Saint Georges.

I haven’t really paid that much attention, but when one of the biggest retailers in the area goes out of business (Beltramos), leaving K&L as the principle fine wine retailer, it’s not really a surprise. Fortunately, the internet is still there to drive competition.

Until it isn’t. When interstate shipping from retailers is illegal in most states, that competition is illusory

True that it’s getting more difficult, but still available to a lot of states, including inside California, where there are a lot of wine buyers, and a lot of heavy hitting internet retailers.

I have three of each on order. Not planning to open them 'til, at minimum, 2025 so I’m pretty happy having Greg store them for me as long as he would like.

I buy from K&L a few times a year and I visit the site regularly. In the past year or so it really seems like 80% of the wine they carry is $100+ per bottle - at least for wine from the USA. It makes me think my days are limited for buying and enjoying finer wine.

This. I “upped” my buying recently as bans on shipping is terrible for me living in FL. A couple out-of-state retailers I deal with cannot deliver now, and I suspect more are sure to follow. FL is not AFWE-friendly.

Yep, I was going to buy some NV Bereche today from Chambers Street and was shut out when I tried to place my order and got the ‘no soup for you’ notice saying they can only ship within NY.

[shock.gif]

Say it ain’t so.

wow that bites.

separately: ten years from now, are people going to be happy or sad they paid $100 for the 15 Gonon St Joe?

I know that LDM, Weygant, Kermit and Rosenthal all have representation in FL. In fact, my regional reps from Kermit and Rosenthal both live in FL. Maybe find a good retailer and start working with them on stuff you like. FL is a big market that moves a lot of stuff so they probably get decent allocations of things you want. It generally pays to be the smart guy in a dumb state. NC was that way for a long time (I used to be able to buy cases (!!!) of each Rougeard if I wanted), but folks have caught up now for the most part.

Oh, they’ll be happy alright! [highfive.gif] [dance-clap.gif] [give_heart.gif]

Crap… [wow.gif]

Trade you some Juge and Gonon for that old Rougeard!

I don’t think that’s right. CSW can’t ship liquor outside NY, but I’m pretty sure they can ship wine, at least to California.

By the way, I saw 15 Gonon St. Joe sitting on a retail shelf in the East Bay last evening for $51. So not everyone is gouging.