TN: 2015 Pewsey Vale Vineyard Riesling The Contours Museum Reserve

• 2015 Pewsey Vale Vineyard Riesling The Contours Museum Reserve - Australia, South Australia, Barossa, Eden Valley (7/18/2023)
    No question a solid step up from the regular Pewsey Vale which I often enjoy, especially in the summer months. While carrying the trademark lime note that I often get from Aussie Rieslings, this had so much more to offer than just fruit and quenching acidity. Specifically, it was the sensation of both saline and bitter traits that paired wonderfully off the lime and mineral flavors to create quite the lovely package. Long finish is clean and precise. Lovely. Under screw cap and I will let me next bottle sit for 5-8 years with little worries of its falling off and likely to improve. (93 points)

Posted from CellarTracker

3 Likes

Thanks for notes! Love the producer and cuvee. Don’t think I’ve had that vintage.

Had a 2002 Contours a couple of months ago that I have cellared in good conditions since release. These do continue to age well. The 2002 had developed quite a petrol nose (which didn’t carry through to the palate) which I recently learned is generally more prevalent in Aussie Riesling due to two compounds (I forget the names) which are found in higher concentrations in Aus…

I find Eden Valley has more lime and Clare Valley (120 km north) has more lemon.

Cool Will - Had little doubt this can age. The better Aussie Rieslings are rather tricky to source in the US. Though I live in Seattle - my wife and I have been also living in Arlington VA (DC) so I was able to secure this and some other good Rieslings from MacArthurs and other local shops that would have been harder to source on the west cost.

1 Like