TN: 2015 MACDONALD Cabernet Sauvignon

Post deleted for excessive snarkasm.

Apologies, Alan.

Jeb is i assume a different person to Billy

Jeb had the 2015 Macdonald on Tuesday, unless your calling Jeb a liar ?

Jeb decanted the 2105 Macdonald for 12 hours

Jeb appears to live in Dallas

Jeb did not go to the vineyard

Jeb specifically refers to Macdonald and not Myriad which is released so its not Myriad

So how did Jeb drink a bottle of 15 Macdonald at his lovely home in Dallas when it has not been released ?

Its a simple polite question based on reading ALL the posts and not just some of them then looking for a way to bully someone for no good reason

Not enough info in Jeb’s post for me to answer you, Alan. There wasn’t anything in his post to indicate where he obtained the wine or where he was when he drank it, Dallas or Napa or elsewhere.

Now that you’ve clarified that it was his post that triggered your question, maybe he will reply.

Jeb doesn’t mention which vintage he had on Tuesday night? Could it have possibly been the 2014?

Maybe you should not have been so sarcastic without clarification first ?

Jesus. We need help down here.

Definitely possible Altho Jeb did say “had THIS” on a thread about 2015 MacDs.

fwiw I was wondering the same thing as Alan in that how did Jeb taste a 2015 when it’s not released. . But also not a biggie.

We are visiting the winery in September. Definitely looking forward to it and the 2015 release!

I have no idea what you’re talking about [popcorn.gif]

In all seriousness though, not that I need to add to the hype (or apparently the list of people who have tried the '15) but it is truly a spectacular wine.

*Note, we had this at the vineyard with Alex while visiting in March. Please don’t shoot me

No. Good sarcasm is always welcome here.

What is this “MacDonald” you all are talking( ARGUING) about ? [scratch.gif]

Good sarcasm yes, school yard bitchy sarsam no

Welshturd, once again you display your “intelligence” to the forum. Drinking the 2015 MacDonald before it’s release to allocation list members is not some figment of anyone’s imagination. My wife and I were blessed to share a bottle with Alex back in November 2017:

I know Jeb S, having done some trading with him on several occasions. He’s not currently in Dallas at the moment. Only a chump like you would make the wild conclusion he has to be sitting at his residence in order to enjoy a bottle of the 2015.

I know it pains you that you’re not receiving an allocation, as your palate would no doubt find it not to your liking, and you’d happily flip it for more than you paid (as you’ve done repeatedly in the past). rolleyes

Parky

Why do you persist in stalking me to make hateful comments ?

Geez…tough crowd today :neutral_face:

Okay, to clarify things, I shall explain. And there is no sarcasm in the following (and that’s not sarcasm either):

Jeb drank the 2015 MacDonald.

Jeb drank it at the vineyard late Tuesday evening along with some other non-MacDonald wines.

Jeb does not own the 2015 MacDonald.

Jeb has not ordered the 2015 MacDonald, yet.

In fairness, Alan couldn’t have known I was in Napa, so I don’t think his asking is a big deal.

https://instagram.com/p/BkzIjzSBQ77/

Also, I drank the 2016 Piper with Roy. We crushed the bottle. It’s a really good wine and showed well considering it just was bottled a couple of weeks ago. That was in Yountville, I don’t have any in my possession.

Jeb

Thanks, i was just curious, thought it was a simple question but obviously the haters jumped on it.

The Piper, how approachable was it? I find Roys wine to be very closed on release

It was approachable on Thursday. I’d speculate by release it’ll be tighter and less forgiving. I’ll post a few more notes in the Piper thread.

Thought the connection was too obvious. Anyway, I removed my post and apologize for piling on at your expense.

Jeb, you sure do like to start fires don’t you? Next time instead of throwing gas on the fire, you should be more tactful. As a for instance, if you’re Tasting note was posted as a haiku to a hypothetical experience, it would have been well received by everyone instead of a select few. Let this be a lesson to you.

Edit: Jeb personally responded to my post with a haiku that, although quite rough around the edges, is heartfelt. I withdraw my statement and hope Jeb feels comfortable enough sharing his haiku with the community at large. Also it’s come to my attention that Jeb is living in a tent under the 101 & Westside Rd in Healdsburg. Someone should give him some direction for decent lodgings.