TN: 2015 Jean Foillard Morgon Côte du Py (France, Burgundy, Beaujolais, Morgon)

Posted from CellarTracker

I think Cru B is going to be our new house wine. Hits in so many different cylinders. Props to WB for encouraging me to start exploring this wine and region.
[cheers.gif]

Yes! I love these wines. Posted on the '16 last week. While it was very good, I think 14 and 15 are even better. Your succinct note nails it. You are on the right path now. Good luck.

I agree, the '15 is perhaps my favourite. The conventional wisdom is that '15 was too warm and the wines too fleshy and with less acidity and structure, but I didn’t find that to be the case with this wine. In fact, I found the '16 and '17 to be a bit too thin and tart for my personal taste. (That’s all relative, though, as I enjoyed and own several bottles and a magnum of each of the '16 and '17 as well).

I, too, have fallen victim to this wine. Gulpable but also amazing with food, and less variant than Burgundy

Super into these. I see why the hipster somms dig them. Also, amazingly, they age pretty well!

Cru Boo mags are my new thing! Have some of this across years and Roillete mags I am trying to leave alone for a while. [cheers.gif]