TN: 2015 Domaine Taupenot-Merme Nuits St. Georges 1er Cru Les Pruliers

• 2015 Domaine Taupenot-Merme Nuits St. Georges 1er Cru Les Pruliers - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Nuits St. Georges 1er Cru (1/10/2023)
    Light medium red ruby. Open nose right away with herbs (bay leaf, marjoram) and fruit. Light medium body. Bright fruit, cherry, raspberry, Santa Rita Hills rhubarb, flinty, a little reduction, little leather on finish, generous and intense but still elegant. Complex and captivating beginning, mid-palate and finish. Good structure and not at all too young. Brighter and more elegant, even more Oregonish, than the Chevillon Pruliers. Glad I have more! 4+ (out of 5).

Posted from CellarTracker

1 Like

SRH rhubarb? Oregonian?

That is some high-level trolling. I love it. :rofl:

I often get strong rhubarb in CA central coast PN but I only know only one other wino who shares that perception. I don’t recall getting much ever in Burgundy but it was pretty pronounced in this one.

Curious what you think of as “rhubarb”? I got a note I think of as “cola” almost exclusively in Central Coast Pinot, which I don’t mind as such. It’s popped up elsewhere on a few occasions, including in Burgundy.

Boy that’s difficult to describe without resorting to “like rhubarb” but I’ll try. To me it’s a fruit-reminiscent but not fruit-like aroma mixed with hints of something green/stalky, berry-like aroma but different from most berries, maybe with some overlap with raspberries but with green/vegetal notes.

Yup, that’s what I think of as “cola”!