TN: 2015 Carlisle Zinfandel Carlisle Vineyard

2015 Carlisle Zinfandel Carlisle Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Russian River Valley (12/23/2017)
Dark red and black fruit comes across as if it has been macerated. It’s very supple, with a kirsch-like quality. It envelops more than coats the mouth, and the fruit just builds and builds. There are a few added elements in the mid-palate that add complexity, but overall this is really about ripe fruit, with solid acidity to balance it out. I would prefer to let my remaining bottles age several years to see what additional layers might emerge.

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for the detailed notes, David!!!

I received one bottle of this wine and one bottle of the 2015 “Pagani Ranch” in my Carlisle delivery this past week. :slight_smile:

I always go deep on this one. Sounds like it’s as delicious as always.

Great note, David. And your instincts match my experience (I have been on the mailing list since the 04 vintage), that Mike’s zins improve with age. For me, the sweet spot is about 5 years from vintage, and in many years, the Carlisle vineyard seems to be the one that needs aging more than others. I am still holding onto an 06 Carlisle vineyard zin that I recently found during inventory - back then I drank the zins way too young and I am curious to see how this one developed.