TN: 2015 Cameron Blanc Clos Electrique (USA, Oregon)

• 2015 Cameron Blanc Clos Electrique - USA, Oregon (4/20/2018)
    While never to be confused with its French cousins, nor the wonderful wave of terrific Chards coming out of OR these days, this Clos Electric Blanc (as always) exists on its own space and terms. From what scuttlebutt I could gather about the 15, I expected a ripe, low acid, but ultimately fine drink. Well, yes and no. The fruit carried a delicious, clear cut yellow plum character, that perhaps suggested ripeness, but then about mid palate, things got really serious. Yes, there was low acidity, but a sensation of dryness took over, almost painfully intense, which in turn showcased a terrific mineral spine and smoky, peat like infused finish. Oh this was so good - and better days ahead for sure. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for the tasting note, Dale!!

I’d think a wine called “Clos Electrique” would possess plenty of acidity! :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the note. Year in and year out one of my favorite, if not favorite, OR Chard.

+1

John Paul is definitely the sensei in Oregon Chardonnay, and far and away the biggest influence on my choices in producing Willamette Valley Chardonnay.