TN: 2014 Two Vineyards Grenache Blanc

• 2014 Two Vintners Grenache Blanc Boushey Vineyard - USA, Washington, Columbia Valley, Yakima Valley (4/9/2016)
    Really nice wine. Mostly peach and stone, with a nice floral element on the nose. Medium body, with just a bit of acidity giving good lift at the end. To me, this is a nicely balanced white Rhone. Good combination of concentration and acid, no heat, no oiliness, nothing out of place. Great value.

Posted from CellarTracker

Posting mainly for Larry Schaffer. Not sure if this makes it down to CA, but I liked this more than the Syncline version this year. Around $25 locally.

Michael

Drinking this as I write from a bottle that’s been in my fridge for a week. It’s dynamite and well worth the dough. 91/2 points

Michael,

Thanks for posting. My guess is that there is less than 10 acres of GB planted in WA, but that will increase over the next few years with the popularity of the variety elsewhere.

Sounds delicious! Curious as to the alcohol level and the aging regime - newer/older oak versus stainless.

Cheers!

Alcohol is listed at 13.2.

No idea about the rest!

Michael

Found a tech sheet for the 2012. It says…

“theGrenache Blanc was gently pressed whole cluster, one third barrel fermented
and the remaining two thirds cold fermented in stainless steel. The barrel fermented portion was
left on the lees and stirred weekly up until bottling. The Roussannse was gently pressed off and
cold fermented in stainless steel and stored on the lees in stainless steel barrels until bottling.”

This one is 7% rousanne, my guess is similar treatment?

Michael