TN: 2014 Sami Odi Shiraz VIV

2014 Sami Odi Shiraz XIV. Good lord, this is awesome! Explosive notes of blackberry, olive, and savory spices, to the point where you are positive that this wine is going to be ‘over the top’ when it first hits your lips…but somehow it manages to glide across your palate with a medium bodied mouth-feel and impeccable balance thanks to the acidity. This took about 20 minutes to really hit it’s stride and there’s still a bit of tannin on the finish, so despite what recent CT notes say about ‘drinking up’, I respectfully disagree. It’s excellent now…but I do think there could be some upside in the near-term, and fully expect the wine to continue drinking very well for a long, long time. Thank you @fraser_mckinley !

https://www.instagram.com/p/C1x7kc-JAg5/?igsh=Ymo3a2toYjZ3OWEz

5 Likes

Hmmm. not sure why Instagram links aren’t working?? @ToddFrench. Is this a user error thing?? Did what i usually do and no dice?

https://www.instagram.com/p/C1x7kc-JAg5/?igsh=Ymo3a2toYjZ3OWEz

Yes, they keep changing the rules, Meta is ‘reviewing’ the site again, had to get them a special login, yadda yadda - when it’s fixed, it will just auto-load - no clue how long

2 Likes

Ahhh, gotcha. Gotta love it. Not sure which is more of a pain in the ass - Meta or Google.

Fraser is making terrific wines and is a great bloke as well.

3 Likes

Great note! Still trying to figure out how to send Fraser $$$ for the new release.

1 Like

Big fan of these wines myself!

2 Likes

Love these wines. Just ordered a case from Fraser. I’ve been buying since 2017.

1 Like

I totally agree! And per my email conversations with him, he seems awesome!

I ended up going the cc route through that link he suggested. Took a little bit but wasnt horrible to navigate and the fees were super minimal. Gotta get those cc points :wink:

1 Like

Love it! You know if both @William_Kelley and @Jeremy_Holmes like them…they have to be great wines :cheers:

Ah it asked for ID and I’m still in France. I’ll check that link again and see if I can figure it out. Yes the points are the deal!!

Yep, between his email and the invoice it has all the deets you need. Hit me up if you have any issues :cheers:

1 Like

Meta, for sure

1 Like

There are three Sami Odi wines for sale on WSPro: one for $700, the other two for $900.

Sub $100 direct even with freight added on.

2 Likes

Cask Cartel!! :rofl:

Does anyone actually buy wine from them?! Absolutely outrageous prices.

3 Likes

Since Meta sucks ass…heres the pics.

3 Likes

I haven’t had one in years but this reminds me to grab some!

Any idea how long the wait is to score some?

1 Like

Its so hard to say at this point as it seems like they’ve gotten to be more well known, but it was a little over 3 years for me.

2 Likes