TN: 2014 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Chenevottes

• 2014 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Chenevottes - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru (3/8/2018)
    QUIT drinkin this stuff! 5th bottle now of a case…I might have been lucky to get this one open now, as there is just the slightest of slightest hint of tca on the cork, but not in the wine just yet. More smoke reduction than the first bottles, but quickly integrates with the intensely bright and energized acidity…lemon and green apple skin tartness…crystalline and pureness…with a nice vanilla oak barrel creme and spice. Chalky limestone minerality showing that great texture and salinity…nuanced with exotic spice and match strike…pretty white/lime blossom florals rounding out the experience. GOT to get at least one of these to age 20! Will be amazing imo. (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Haven’t they had premox problems too though??

i’d say they are low incidence. Not no incidence, but low.

Never had a poxed bottle although I don’t age them beyond 10 years.

Opened three 2011s as a flight about eight months ago and there were no premox issues. The 2011 Les Chenevottes, which I have had twice, was outstanding.

I’d say buying one bottle of any white burgundy with the idea of aging 20 years is folly. Probably need three at a minimum to have a solid shot at one good bottle. What I buy I just drink young. And mainly Chablis.

In any case, sounds like a great bottle.