TN: 2014 Nine Suns Cabernet Sauvignon Houyi Vineyard

• 2014 Nine Suns Cabernet Sauvignon Houyi Vineyard - USA, California, Napa Valley, Oakville (7/30/2018)
    Wow! This wine is amazing. One of the best I have sampled this year. Concentrated with dark cherries, blackberries, spices, oak, vanilla and earth. Long finish and good acidity. Decanted 2 plus hours. I would see this peaking in 2025. Excellent wine and thanks to David for providing this one! (95 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for posting, John!

I picked up a 3-pack during my visit to the estate in April, and have been a bit gun-shy to try … was figuring I’d need to wait at least a couple more years.

If you haven’t visited, I would highly recommend. Well worth the drive up the mountain for the amazing views and impressive facility.

–Derek

Yes hold. I decanted it well and the host wanted to try it but would think wait 3 years if you have 3 and try them every 3 years.

A friend of mind visited two months ago and really enjoyed it. He prefers Realm’s wine from Houyi, however.

I’m looking forward to Vice Versa’s Houyi, although its first vintage was 2017.

Their 2013 is an amazing wine. Haven’t cracked a 14 yet, but looking forward to it. Jason is a cool guy and the estate is gorgeous. The views from Pritchard Hill on a clear day down into the Valley are amazing. I’m a Fan. On another note- I hadn’t heard that Vice Versa will be making a wine sourced from there- NICE…

If you go on the “terroir” section of their website, there’s a note about Houyi indicating 2017 is their first vintage, so probably will see it in 2019.

Thanks for the tip- maybe when I am up there in mid October I can persuade them to pull a barrel sample of this…