TN: 2014 Kutch Pinot Noir Rosé (USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast)

2014 Kutch Pinot Noir Rosé - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (2/22/2016)
Our one weekend winter is just a memory now, and with longer days and somewhat warmer temperatures it can be rosé time just to hasten thoughts of spring. Tart raspberry fruit, flowers and herbs are all in play on the nose, and on the palate there is just a bit of a bite that makes this a more substantial drink than most rosé.

Posted from CellarTracker

FYI - second half of the bottle was gorgeous last night, and was a delicious match with our (subtly spicy) Indian food.

Thanks for sharing, David. Sounds delicious and I can’t wait to try the 2015!

Short notes on both. The 2015 from last weekend:

2015 Kutch Rose of Pinot Noir

raspberry, watermelon and a touch of smoke in the snoot. The right way to start my day, terrific acidity and wake-you-up currant.

The 2014 from last May

2014 Kutch Sonoma Coast Rose

1 barrel. Whole cluster went to normal press cycle for 20 minutes. Cold ferment with native yeasts. This was 100% Falstaff fruit. Fermented for 7 months and they inhibited malo. So lovely watermelon and red raspberry scents. Awfully crisp—delicious–bracing but a touch of oak gives the wine colour on the palate.

Skal

Mike

I am SO happy I got some of this this year. Thanks Jamie!

Hmm…guess I somehow missed the email on the 2015. :frowning:

When I log onto the Kutch site there are still bottles available under my allocation so I don’t think it has sold out. I would email Jaime