TN: 2014 Emmanuel Rouget Bourgogne Hautes-Côtes de Beaune Blanc

• 2014 Emmanuel Rouget Bourgogne Hautes-Côtes de Beaune Blanc - France, Burgundy, Bourgogne Hautes-Côtes de Beaune (12/17/2018)
    Stellar wine from this lesser AOC…showing the masterful touches of Rouget! Very bright and pure fruit that starts out with that racy 14 acidity…Chablis like with lemon/lime freshness, and chalky limestone minerality…creams up nicely after some air, showing a touch of match strike reduction, which REALLY adds to a sense of a 1er wine here. Love the mix of blossom florals and crushed stones…in super balance…length…mouthfeel…VERY satisfying…especially for the money! (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Sounds yummy. Will add this to my wish list…

Happy to hear you enjoyed this vintage, sounds like a good one. I have only had the 2011 (a way lesser vintage, sure, but has produced some nice whites) and I did not find a lot of enjoyment there:

• 2011 Emmanuel Rouget Bourgogne Hautes-Côtes de Beaune Blanc - France, Burgundy, Bourgogne Hautes-Côtes de Beaune (27.8.2016)
    Having enjoyed a bunch of solid 2011 white Bourgognes before I had hopes that this one from a lowly appellation but good producer could turn out to be a nice one as well. It did not. Very lackluster in pretty much every way possible: low in energy and concentration with very little flavor to speak of. No matter what the price tag, this just simply is not worth drinking.

Thanks for the note. Just picked up some '15s, kind of on a whim as the price was right.
Looking for about what you got from the '14. Cheers.