TN: 2014 Davenport Cellars Mr. B (USA, Washington, Columbia Valley)

Just put in an order for 3 more cases. Would love to see Jeff and Shelia make some more wine in the future. Love their wines!

Just order 3 cases. Opened a bottle on the next day. No shipping shock on this bottle. I think 3 more cases is in order.

:slight_smile: They are nice wines!

Mr. B & Continuity are excellent…

I accept full blame for my brother’s constant, incessant, babbling about the Mr. B. :slight_smile: :rofl::rofl::rofl: I visited their tasting room/bistro in Woodinville several times over the past few years. We liked the wines and food and the reasonable prices. I understood the owners wanted to retire. I let my brother know about the 65% off sale and told him while their wines were not in the top echelon in Washington State it was hard to find a better QPR. Once he heard those comments it was off to the races for him. I don’t think I had a conversation with him last Spring when he wasn’t talking about the Mr. B.

2014 Davenport Cellars Mr. B - USA, Washington, Columbia Valley (5/3/2020)
Drank this over a few years. At first a bit fruit forward for me; then after a few days at first seemed a bit over oaky to me; but in the glass, after three days with about 2 inches left in the bottle, this really started to come together nicely. Lovely nose of dark fruits and spices, with some notes of leather. Really lovely in the mouth – very smooth, lovely fruit; subtle tannins now, and a slight decline in the mid palate that then grows into the finish. I am thinking this will develop well over the next 5, maybe even 10, years. Luckily I have 11 left so can follow this for a while! And as others have noted, what a fantastic qpr. (92 pts.)

I have had two many tastings of this wine as it is my house wine but the bottle I opened yesterday was off the charts.

2014 Davenport Cellars Mr. B - USA, Washington, Columbia Valley (1/28/2021)
Day 1: Well there have been some amazing bottles but this one is off the charts. Cherry, dust, exotic spices, dark chocolate, cigar and crushed blueberries. Medium to long finish. Complexity off the charts. WOW! 95 points

I saw your note on this John! I might have to open one of mine this weekend to check in and see if I am treated to a similar experience.

Ron I have had a few bottles in the past few days and this is the best wine in the world for under $15. Love all these threads on best regions and best value. I have tasted them all and this is the best wine I have ever tasted in the last 20 years that costs under $15.00.

1 Like

They are down to less than 20 cases of this. Shipping season is here and I just ordered another one.

Order in! thank you :slight_smile:

Yep, I ordered another case yesterday, right after I read their email. I’ll probably regret not ordering two.

Yep, I ordered another case yesterday, right after I read their email. I’ll probably regret not ordering two.

good to let others taste the best $10 wine in the world. That is the only reason I didn’t order more. [cheers.gif]

In for one last Mr. B… Already bought 4 cases last year… Great QPR.

Dang it, now I had to order another case.

Sold out! They are down to just Patch which is not bad but not Mr. B.

Final shipment came today! Cheers to Mr. B!

Just opened one of these tonight. Pretty amazing wine. Lots of life ahead for this. Up there with best qpr ever.

I sent a case to my parents and they reported back today that they love it. They were sad to hear that it’s now sold out; they wanted to buy more.

Is the 2015 Patch worth getting or no?

Is the 2015 Patch worth getting or no?

Yes here is a link to my review’s of the wine. Not as intense and softer wine but very delicious.

2015 Davenport Cellars Patch - USA, Washington, Columbia Valley (3/13/2021)
Day 1: Last shipment of Mr. B and added six Patch. Wonderful. Lighter in style and elegant. Spice, raspberries, earth, minerals and dark chocolate. Delicious and wonderful price. 91 points (91 points)

Had to pop one as I got six yesterday. Yes buy!