TN: 2014 Caves Duplessis Chablis Grand Cru Les Clos

2014 Caves Duplessis Chablis Grand Cru Les Clos - France, Burgundy, Chablis, Chablis Grand Cru (8/17/2023)
The powerhouse energy is starting to mellow...still REALLY bright with fresh...zippy lemon/grapefruit tart acid that's more creamed up now since my last bottle 6yrs ago...some heat detected...not yet polished to GC Clos worthy, but should get there. Wonderful "Chablisness" in this...crushed oyster, chalky limestone, sea air...pretty flower florals and some slight grassy chives...SUPER dry extract on the finish...really only in third gear right now, with a 6 speed hanging back a bit! Should be amazing in 10 more years. +pts (94 points)

Posted from CellarTracker

1 Like

commercial post: I imported Duplessis for 30+ years, the company I owned and still work for still does.

This note is spot on. I only bought half a dozen of these and only have three left (sob!). I think this peaks in 10 years, holds for at least another 10. This is usually about a 75 case production, in the past I could not justify holding many for myself. I regret it. I had my last bottle a few years ago and it was buzzingly young. If you own some and can wait, give it the 10+ years recommended here.

Dan Kravitz

I wish the two i have opened werent premoxed!

14 Clos or other?

dood, dis is sum bullsheit. we need to drink together again. it’s been sooooo loooooooooooonnngggg.

I know! I’ll be at Gallettos tomorrow night…join us! Hope all is well my man! When’s the due date?

ugh, you’re killin me.

9/22.

1 Like

Thanks for taking one for the team, but to be perfectly honest, you’re out of your mind opening a bottle of that wine. I haven’t opened a single bottle of my Duplessis 2014s and that includes Chablis AOC.

16 Clos

great note but what an artistic picture! Love it.

1 Like

I’ve had that twice…first bottle very tropical and reminded me of a muscat…not good. Second a couple years later was wonderful…Raveneau-esk. VERY hit and miss with this producer from what I’ve had. The 2014 Clos is the best of the bunch.

1 Like

Larry,

2014 Duplessis Chablis Village is really good right now. Agreed, it’s in no hurry.

Dan Kravitz

1 Like

Dan, I still haven’t opened any of the 2017 Duplessis - 4 each of 4 different bottlings - I bought from you. Should I hold off a few more years or give some a try?

TIA