TN: 2014 Carlisle Zinfandel Sonoma County (USA, California, Sonoma County)

Taking one for the team.

• 2014 Carlisle Zinfandel Sonoma County - USA, California, Sonoma County (3/19/2016)
    Love the screw top, makes it a great choice for a grab and go wine. Thank you. Delicious wine, get that out of the way now. Beautiful magenta color and very opaque, probably the work of the petite sirah and the rest of the “mixed blacks” in this blend. Nose isn’t kicking off much but after 30 minutes and a good swirl there’s red berry fruit. Wow, there’s a lot berry flavors including raspberry, blackberry, blueberry, cranberry and every other berry on the planet. Medium light toasted oak runs across the palate with a mild cayenne pepper bite. Good acid backbone, too. Young, fine grit tannins. Again, fantastic wine.

Posted from CellarTracker

Thank you for the note, Brigger. I just put all mine into the cellar this week.

Thanks for the note! I loved the '13, missed the boat this year. It was a three day wine (no gas or refrigeration) last year. The nose ought to have been straight perfume…screwcap reduction or recently bottled??

Hey Drew,

Absolutely nothing wrong with the nose, just muted at this point and with time it opened up a bit. Very good juice.