TN: 2014 Bedrock Wine Co. Syrah North Coast (USA, California, North Coast)

• 2014 Bedrock Wine Co. Syrah North Coast - USA, California, North Coast (6/7/2017)
    Wow, this one is really coming into its own…definitely go-time on this wine, though it will certainly hold for several years.
    Unlike the bottle I opened several months ago, this one is ready to go from PNP. Lots of meaty and savory notes, great depth of fruit, and a certain savory clarity that makes you keep going back for more.
    A QPR killer that is on par with the best vintages of this wine.

Posted from CellarTracker

I can’t see this being anywhere near ready yet. I am sure there is plenty of fat and happy fruit now, but I think this wine has miles to go before it sleeps.

Yeah, I do think that this one could go for quite a while. However, it is righteously delicious now, and at 20 bucks it’s hard for me not to open them! This, along with their Old Vine, are wines that I just keep going longer on every year.

Agreed. It’s nowhere near its peak, but still drinking deliciously. I kept telling myself these will age for a while, but I’ll just open one more, then one more, then one more, and now I need to find more… So sad.

I learned long ago, if it tastes good, drink it. Age will change a wine, but it will only be in “this” place once. You might not like what it ages into.