TN: 2013 Vilmart & Cie Champagne Premier Cru Rosé Emotion

2013 Vilmart & Cie Champagne Premier Cru Rosé Emotion - France, Champagne, Champagne Premier Cru (10/27/2022)
3/2020 DG...60% PN, 40% Chard...emotion of satisfaction right out the gate! It's all there...intense blood orange and wild strawberry sours...precise and tingly fine bubbles...calming and caressing almond/cherry liqueur mousse...SO alive with energy, it stands you up at attention...then sits you down to contemplate the harmony of vinous richness to the elegance of restraint...SO pretty with dried oranges/ roses...little persimmon spice...salted crushed minerals...expansive plush mousse that even gives you a little tannic kick on the finish. Reminded me of the 97 GC Rubis we just had, and what it might have been like in its youth. Evokes another Emotion...happy! (95 points)

Posted from CellarTracker

10 Likes

I think I managed to snag two bottles of this. Used to be easy to get 6 or more. Sigh.

12 and 13 were priced ok in the zachy’s sale when I looked earlier…think about 145 each. Not original release good, but solid for back vintage

wine searcher dot com

It’s very much still out there.

2 Likes

But not at such palatable prices as it once was.

1 Like

I’ve had several of the 2012’s, which I loved. I haven’t opened any of the 2013’s yet, but your note has them softly calling my name from the cellar.

1 Like

Are these worth the 2x markup over the general NV Rubis?

1 Like

The idea of ‘worth’ is tricky. No one should answer that for you. The wine is expensive, depending on where/when you get it. I had it last weekend during our Falltacular and it was terrific again but I didn’t take notes. For me. I enjoy the NV Rubis but the additional efforts Laurent puts into Emotion makes it special. It’s a gorgeous Rose. Here are a few notes from this year if it helps:

• 2013 Vilmart & Cie Champagne Premier Cru Rosé Emotion - France, Champagne, Champagne Premier Cru (8/7/2022)
    March 2020 disgorgement. 60% PN and 40% Chard. When I had this in May at Vilmart, I didn't notice the structure, yet the bottle we had yesterday the beautiful structure was evident. Fresh raspberry, strawberry, lime flesh and a tense impression and finish. For me, this cuvee is top shelf, as much as so much of what Lauren kicks out at Vilmart.
  • 2013 Vilmart & Cie Champagne Premier Cru Rosé Emotion - France, Champagne, Champagne Premier Cru (5/25/2022)
    Tasting with Laurent Champs of Vilmart (In Rilly la Montagne): Disgorged April 2020. I had bought several of these, taken delivery but had yet to open one so I appreciated being able to taste it. 60% Pinot Noir and 40% Chardonnay. This vintage of Emotion has a richness in the mouth, a fullness. Strawberry, zesty limes and raspberry with the richer red fruit tones showing. I kept coming back to a perception of a freshly sliced, ripe strawberry. Delicious.

Posted from CellarTracker

2 Likes

Love this! Overpaid for a pair of these at FALLTACULAR for a worthy cause. Popped one that evening and loved it. Almost opened the other last night for our anniversary, was a weeknight though. I’lll save it for Valentines Day.
Great notes!

2 Likes

This is a really good note. Thank you for sharing this one.

2 Likes

Glad those found a good home!

3 Likes

I like NV Rubis but Emotion is a big step up. Whether it’s worth the $$ is a personal decision.

2 Likes

Thanks for donating Steve!

1 Like

Overpaid as I was bidding against you, happily! Awesome wine

1 Like

Popped it in the freezer to give it a chill before dinner last night. But we didn’t drink it.
Guess what I forgot to do?

:boom: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

NOOOOOO! Dude, sorry

I’m not worthy!

1 Like

I opened the first of my case tonight. It confirmed my opinion the Emotion is amongst my favorite rosé champagnes. Great structure, balance, and just a pleasure to drink. I’ll post a more complete note on the Champagne thread.

1 Like

I now set a timer after making that mistake.