TN: 2013 Ultramarine Blanc de Blancs Heintz Vineyard Sonoma Coast

• 2013 Ultramarine Blanc de Blancs Heintz Vineyard Sonoma Coast - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (7/18/2018)
    WONDERFUL nose! Almond liqueur, pretty lychee florals, ginger…to go with freshly iced tropical and pitted orchard fruits. Ripe and creamy fruited, with plenty of lifted tart and sour acidity…remarkably very fine bubbles, pillow soft meyer lemon chiffon mousse. As with the BdN, the texture is more to the fleshy side, yet has an elegance to it, with super balance. Full flavored wine that’s really fun to drink! (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Excellent note, B! Timely, I am taking one to dinner Friday night. Thanks for the data point.

LOVE this wine! Bubbles have mellowed a bit since the last one, which has me kind of wonder about aging this out? The flesh and florals are SO fun in this wine! That almond liqueur, lychee and ginger florals are intoxicating…substantial fleshiness comp to the French bubbles…full of ripe calif sunshine, yet plenty of brightness and energized cut with tart citrus, and saline minerality. Plush yeasty mousse…exotic honey vanilla butter…finishes fresh with lemon ginger spices. Too bad this is my last bottle! champagne.gif

Great note as always Buzz!!

Good news is it sounds like there will be a small number of 2013 maggies available as part of this next release. Definitely hoping to scoop one/two up.

Thank you for the note!

I might sit on my last bottle for another 3-4 years just for shits and giggles