TN: 2013 Rhys Alesia Chardonnay Alder Springs Vineyard

• 2013 Rhys Alesia Chardonnay Alder Springs Vineyard - USA, California, North Coast, Mendocino County (11/29/2020)
    Random selection to go with Turkey Pot Pie, and it goes fantastic with it. Not much decant, late call from the ball pen. Chard glass open decant for 20, best I could do. Its between golden and straw, more the golden, flecks of the latter. Nose leans tropical to me, white fruits too, buttery popcorn, slight apple spiciness, maybe light caramel. Front is pineapple mixed with apple, or could be buttery apple, lemony citrus notes, slight perfume but nothing specifically floral. Could use more time out, my guess. Middle is good acidity, with an oaky bite that lasts on the finish with apples fading to chalk though the fruit gets a tad watery on the tail end IMO. Could be the acid kicking up saliva (not to be gross, but its a thing). Leaves a slight heat that I feel lingering beyond that; it adds to the texture and is not overly distracting. Paired well with the turkey pot pie, noticed less flaws with it. Nice bottle and can sit well or be enjoyed now with more decanting than I gave it. Impulsiveness can be an Achilles heel.

Posted from CellarTracker