TN: 2013 Domaine Michèle et Patrice Rion Bourgogne Les Bons Bâtons

• 2013 Domaine Michèle et Patrice Rion Bourgogne Les Bons Bâtons - France, Burgundy, Bourgogne (2/27/2016)
    Just the faintest bit of reduction, blowing off quickly to reveal a very red fruited wine, cherry, cranberry are there, but it is raspberry that sails though on the surprisingly long finish, 30+ seconds. It is weightless and fine, but oh so concentrated and focused. There is a bit of dried flower and maybe just a shade of cinnamon as well. This is very complex for a bourgogne and indeed the finest I have had. If this were still available, I would be buying it by the case as I believe it will age quite well. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Disclaimer: I import these.
The polish and purity are impressive across the range.
Indeed, the Bons Batons is a value hound’s delight.
I’m wrapping up the '14 presell this weekend, so now is the time, y’all…
Santé

Had one of these last night - ridiculous bargain at $25-ish from Down To Earth - wish I took half or full case rather than 2 bottles, wow

I believe I have a couple of his '05 charmes grand cru

Yeah, the Bons Batons from Rion (and Ghislaine Barthod) is regularly about as good as it gets for a bourgogne level wine, full of the high toned Chambolle qualities that mak-uh-me sah-woon…
Unfortunately, Rion and I have parted ways; I was apparently too small of a fish to hold their interest/loyalty.
There is a smidge left in stock of the '14 and, um, the '15…