TN: 2012 Sandler Wine Company Pinot Noir Bien Nacido Vineyard

• 2012 Sandler Wine Company Pinot Noir Bien Nacido Vineyard - USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Maria Valley (2/1/2015)
    Beautiful light cranberry color with purple tinges edges. Nose of sweet red raspberries, red cherries and some strawberries. Palate shows an amazingly lilty wine which seems to glide across the tongue. Deeply fruited with some exotic tea leaf, red-cranberries and orange zest. Beautiful mid-palate with some soft berry tartness, this is elegant and majestic, it keeps you focused on its focus. Tannins are complicated but friendly and overall balance spot-on. Finish is long and true to everything I just said, this is pure joy— pure joy. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Excited to have a bunch of 2013s in the cellar. Would love to find more of this.

What did you do; Pour this on your Corn Flakes for breakfast?
I was leaning towards something from Ridge for the game, but your making the decision awful tough.

[cheers.gif] [cheers.gif] [cheers.gif]

Mike - I absolutely loved that 2012 Bien Nacido - really loved it. It starts in the vineyard, folks, starts in the vineyard.

I always thought that Sandler’s strength was in the Keefer Vineyard. I love what Ed does with those grapes, and the 2009 has been stellar. I last had it 1 1/2 years ago, and just found my last bottle…but it is at my daughter’s house in Minnesota. Even if I don’t get to have it, at least I’ll know that someone I love will have a wine that I love.

A couple of months ago, I opened the 2012 Sandler Bien Nacido and it was just like Mike described it. It is deep fruited and elegant. It rivals the Keefer as my favorite. I drank my second bottle of the Bien Nacido during our Thanksgiving visit with the family and it was a big hit.

Had this last night and it was very good.

• 2012 Sandler Wine Company Pinot Noir Bien Nacido Vineyard - USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Maria Valley (2/24/2016)
    On pop and pour greeted by beautiful ripe red fruit - rhubarb, cranberry and pomegranate – plus a touch of orange rind and a green, mossy note. Very smooth and silky, easy drinking right from the get go. With several hours of air, the green note turned somewhat bitter and more prominent. Recommend no decant. In a very nice spot now. (91 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker