TN: 2012 Domaine Louis Michel Chablis 1er Cru Montee de Tonnerre

TN: 2012 Domaine Louis Michel Chablis 1er Cru Montee de Tonnerre. This wine seems to be right at peak, at long last. Perhaps teetering, but on top. Gone are the days of bland Chardonnay fruit kissed with Chablis steeliness and little real development. Mature. It’s now “all growed up.” :wink:
Hints of oxidation only - nothing problematic. Rich, but restrained. All in balance. It’s not the most complex, but it’s simply lip-smacking. A very solid 92 points.

7 Likes

May I ask some kind member to help me place into words that (to me) indescribable finish at the end of an aged white Burg, particularly a Chablis? It’s not so much a flavor as a condition.

This may be just a hair over its peak - after two hours it slips closer to the old age home than it did earlier in the evening. 90 now, just to try to quantify the qualitative difference with enough air.

That’s pretty ambiguous/subjective but, for Chablis, I often get a sensation of stoniness, bordering on metallic. And I don’t mean that in the pejorative sense; rather, that you’re getting a sense of nature’s cleanliness.
But as they say, your mileage may vary.:sunglasses: