TN: 2012 Commanderie de la Bargemone Coteaux d'Aix-en-Provence Rosé

It’s ROSE’ time! After finding some 09 Tempier on closeout for $17…I ended up buying a mix case of all Roses’ today…Tempier, Terre Rouge Vin Gris, Heitz Grignolino, and this wine from Provence…

• 2012 Commanderie de la Bargemone Coteaux d’Aix-en-Provence Rosé - France, Provence, Coteaux d’Aix-en-Provence (4/19/2013)
    Lightest tinge of cantaloup pink color I’ve ever seen…fresh and crisp melon, strawberry, apple fruit…pretty Spring flowers, rain water, dried cherry/apple rings. Has a very refreshing acidity and balance to it…plenty of florals, and minerality…perfect for the hot days of summer! (90 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Had this on Monday in a blind tasting of 20 other roses. Came in as my number 1. As you noted the color was very pale almost mistaken for a white wine. Delicious rosé and generally priced very well

In addition to making good Rose it is a great winery to visit in Provence. It is a fabulous property.

But it’s not hot yet?

This is the only rose I buy every year. Delicious and refreshing.

83 does it for me!

Year later…even better!! Super rose here…sunshine in a glass!

Nice job resurrecting the thread. It’s a good reminder to stock up again for the warm weather.

Give a brother a hand.

This is imported by our own Dan Kravitz. And this and his Lancyre are,go-to rose.

I buy at least a case every year. Incredible value for $12pb.

The best part of this wine is you could pre order it in a box, came to about $11 a bottle.

Bargemone has been my bench mark and go-to Rose for close to 20 years now. I first had it as Vignes du Soleil (in a wildly painted bottle) at a wine dinner with Dan Kravitz. Meeting Dan that evening was the start of what was to become a second career of selling his wine portfolio. Visiting Bargemone was always the highlight of our trips to France. The Commanderie was a beautiful place to visit and Elisabeth Rozan was one of the most gracious and beautiful ladies I’ve ever met! I never wanted to leave there.
Cheers, Gary

I bought a case yesterday. I think it is the 2013 though? [drinkers.gif] The high forecast for today is 98 and my car told me it was 97 yesterday. It is officially hot here. (insert perspiring smilie here)

Ooh. Didn’t know about the box. I wish I could get my hands on some of that, as a good rose in a box would be PERFECT for summer!

Wine in a box is a really good idea for others. At my house it makes it far too easy to pour another glass, and another, and another etc. [drinkers.gif]

to Andrew Demaree,

You should be able to get Bargemone Provence Rose in a 3 litre bag-in-box somewhere near you. If you have trouble finding it, please e-mail me and I will help if I can.

Best regards,

Dan Kravitz

Thanks for the offer, Dan. I see that it is available in Albany and plan to pick some up this week. If the '13 is as good as previous versions, I’ll be a very happy camper.

Best,
Andy