TN: 2012 Bodegas Honorio Rubio - "Lias Finas" Crianza Blanco (Spain, La Rioja, Rioja)

2012 Bodegas Honorio Rubio Rioja Lias Finas Crianza - Spain, La Rioja, Rioja (5/24/2018)
– first glass poured approx. 40 min. before initial taste –
– tasted non-blind over 2 – 3 hours –
– 100% Viura –

NOSE: strong aldehyde and pineapple aromas; little bit of that traditional Rioja blanco oxidation and strong mineral thing going on; medium+ to high expressiveness.

BODY: maize-golden yellow color; medium bodied.

TASTE: medium+ to high acidity; dry, but with an oily texture; non-descript citric aspect; hints of strawberry and oak; deeply-embedded wooly mineral tones; 13% alc.; I’m willing to bet this would age exceedingly well; Drink Now or Hold for a long time. My score could easily prove to be conservative. Fantastic!

50, 5, 12, 18, 8 = (93+ pts.)

Big fan of this one.

What a spectacular find by K&L!!!

Agreed - a big fan of this Bodega. I’m looking forward to opening a bottle of their NV Añadas - just haven’t found the right occasion yet.

I also loved their Rosado, which while not quite as singular as the LdH Rosado, stands out as a serious wine.

agreed on the Rosado … iirc, I had a bit of a cold the only time I had it, but even through the cold it was obvious it’s really good.

The Anadas is not appreciably better, or different, than the Lias Finas, fyi.

Thanks for the note. I have wondered about this producer, but never pulled the trigger on them.