TN: 2012 Arnot-Roberts Syrah Clary Ranch

2012 Arnot-Roberts Syrah Clary Ranch - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (9/5/2017)
Smoky, meaty, black olive goodness overflows the glass. The acidity is a bit prickly at first, but that settles down quickly, resulting in a fresh, vibrant, living wine that hits all the right Syrah notes. Delicious now, and with plenty of promise for several years of continued deliciousness.

Posted from CellarTracker

David,
I’m sure you know they had their pre-release for the 16’s today. As far as Syrah, only 2016 Sonoma Coast Syrah, no single vineyard Syrahs.
I bit on some of their Chardonnay which I love, and some Pinot.
Cheers,
Warren

I am purely a Syrah buyer from A-R. I’ve tried pretty much everything they make, and keep coming back to their Syrah as farm and away their best, most distinctive wines.

I think what you mean to say - it actually tastes like Syrah instead of ripe fruit!

Depends on which vineyard.

I opened one of these about 2 months ago and mine was closed up tight showing nothing but olive, a little burned bacon fat and wet wood ash. Acid was there but no floral notes or fruit in the nose or in the mouth. Glad to hear yours showed better. I wonder if my bottle was off?

Fruit? You were looking for fruit? None to be found, and it’s wonderful.

Even in the stingiest wines of Northern Rhone I can find a whiff of plum skin, lavender and/or violet. I wasn’t looking for McLaren Vale here, but something to let me know it is at least made from grapes would be nice. [snort.gif]

Syrah is not made from grapes. It is made from bacon.