TN: 2011 Liquid Farm Chardonnay White Hill - Stunningly good

It’ll be interesting to see how the wines age, especially the Four…thought it needed some time to come together when first tasted at the last pick up party. No shame in drinking now though, especially for the White Hill and the Rose.

Really solid people making really solid wines. New winemaker this harvest but James has been involved with the project from the get go so I don’t anticipate any ‘change in style’ whatsoever . . .

Cheers!

Oh Mark you will pay for this and pay dearly!

+1

James is one of the nicest guys in the valley. He will do good things for this brand…

Yes I am sure, you will just ride me into the ground and make me puke…but hey it was fun messing with miss nik.

Majorly honored for all of the liquid love guys. really. it makes our day/night/month/year, etc. We HEART like mad, the WB crew WineBerserkers - Wine discussion forum and online community

1.) yes, Sir, Mark H. - you are in going to get a serious noogie when I get to meet you in person - I got at least 3 “Ma’am’s” today - no joke. noogie. WineBerserkers - Wine discussion forum and online community

2.) Thanks Larry for the kind words and re; James, style and this harvest - You are spot on. Our style has been in place with DC’s epic execution in the cellar and this year we were all are working together through the transitionary year. This year was pretty unforgettable as I was able for the first time to relocate from 9/6-9/23 to Buellton - I have been missing it ever since… to utilize some of what my degree is in though have not used with the sales and marketing hand cuffs on - ok, maybe not that bad. Anyhow, I will take spinning barrels and making latte’s/being resident DJ or chef (one cannot smartly survive harvest without zee caffeine, zee music and zee homemade food)…or pallet jacking about and monkeying around climbing racks stacked 3+ high to monitor barrels by siphoning, intaking horrible CO2 all the while - I would take that over being stapled to my desk ANY day. As we can get a little help on board in the coming year with this current back end Team of 1 (crazy “Ma’am”)- I very much look fwd to being more and more hands on. Cellar rat/bitch - hey, that’s what winemaking. No guts? No glamour. The three of us love working together thankfully and the fam has truly extended with James.

3.) James…best. He is simply a ninja and as you mention Larry (thank you!), been on board with the LF wines since the very beg. in 2009 - we all had met a cross roads respectively and at the same time just about so the fusion of us all becoming a trifecta this harvest was, is and continues to be a god damn blast. You guys will have to come and visit to barrel taste in the coming months.

FOUR. :wink: below is the (almost still) Summer newsletter for more info on what the hell we have been up to this Summer/harvest and within it there is a link to a small blurp outlining more on the new wee little place we are all excited to home http://eepurl.com/GrjY9 (let me know if its not alive though and I can repost)

5.) I have been in touch with Todd re; a berserker fest-i-vus for the books for 2014. stay tuned.

6.) Cheers and (clink!) happy weekend! WineBerserkers - Wine discussion forum and online community

i like the screen name nikki…

champagne.gif grouphug

welcome!

Nikki & Jeff do a great job with our fruit. They just expanded and renewed their acreage contract for 10 years. [cheers.gif]

Still haven’t tried but just keep hearing great things. Thanks for the note.

J

If we ever can get together for lunch, I’ll bring one for you to try. Maybe Sushi Noguchi next week?

Double posting … Yes!

I loved the 2010 as well.

Nikki, congratulations on joining the board. Look forward to meeting you at Brig’s house in a few weeks. We need to get your wines into my Falltcaular event so more people down here can try them. I’ll talk to you on the 9th about it.

I too really dug the 11 WH. Here is my note from the dinner we did:

• 2011 Liquid Farm Chardonnay White Hill - USA, California, Central Coast, Sta. Rita Hills (9/1/2013)
    Tasted blind. Lemon, intense acidity with green apple underneath, then some mineral. Strong lemon peel finish with tangerine and orange zest. This wine really grabbed my attention, and in fact, won the blind format for best white of the 5.

Posted from CellarTracker

You people make it impossible for me to go entire weekend without ordering wine. [swearing.gif]

More notes on the full lineup coming in a few weeks.

She’s made one post and we have her doing dinners, berserkerday offer, and falltacular. :slight_smile:

This thread made me check out this wine, been on a chard roll and thought I’d try it. Some excellent service from Nikki, and have a few to try on the way.

I signed up, too. This thread hooked me.

I just ordered more - super nice people!

We had the 2012 with dinner last night.

Subscribed.