TN: 2011 Domaine Bouchard Père et Fils Corton-Charlemagne Grand Cru (not much detail)

Just had this with an assortment of raw oysters.

Qualified in that I don’t drink much (maybe 3-5 bottles in my lifetime) white Burgundy. I also don’t drink a lot of white wines in general, but definitely have had more CA Chards and Aussie SBs.

Anyways, based on my limited experience, this was a great bottle of white. Not as sharp/crisp or fruity as Aussies, and definitely not as oaky as CA chards. Somewhat in between, but had enough fruit and minerality to pair great with oysters. The wine was better (for me) when it was more chilled.

Will definitely be expanding my white burgs in the future vs. CA chards.

Tom

Thanks for the note Tom. I have two waiting.

The 10’ was great as well. Though I remember it being somewhat lighter in impact…if you want more depth and power to carry things deeper into the night I’d recommend a good Meursault 1er or Batard Montrachet.

Bouchard makes very good Corton Charlemagne, which remained very reasonably priced for years and still isn’t too bad. So you discovered a gem of sorts. The last one I had was the 2004 a little over a year ago, and it was drinking superbly.