TN: 2010 Natural Process Alliance Sunhawk Red

• 2010 Natural Process Alliance Sunhawk Red - USA, California, North Coast, Mendocino County (4/24/2011)
    Bottled/canteened on 4-21-11. Picked up 4-23-11 at the NPA tasting room. Hardy, you guys rock! Burnt cranberry color - Very brickish color for a young wine but fades into a dark garnet core. The nose is very earthy with smoky bacon, dried cherries, white pepper and ruby red grapefruit. Very Rhonish in style and extremely appealing to this wine geek. Palate is very astringent but layered with red and blue fruits, big acid and tangy tartness. It finishes with tart red fruit and mouth drying fine grained tannins. Really enjoyable. In this bottling method it will be impossible to gauge over the long haul. Air surely softened the astringency to a degree but this wine would likely flourish in a bottle with extended aging. We may never know. That’s one of the appealing facets of TheNPA. You get what you get when you get it and it’s ALL natural. Well done! (90 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Their Cab Franc is pretty darn good as is the Sauvignon Blanc.
I really do love this stuff. You can’t get it unless you are within 100 miles however.
Disclaimer: Hardy is my friend.

Thanks Brian- Glad you dug it. This is a fun wine. See you for your refill!

Thanks Don- This is the red you had (our only red)- No Cab Franc in it, but I can see it coming off that way. It is a 100% co-fermented, field blend, of Syrah, Grenache, Mourvedre, Cinsault, Cab Sauv, Marsanne, Rousanne, Viognier, Picpoul blanc and Muscat blanc.

Rejoinder: I’m 10 miles away!