TN: 2010 Myriad Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon (USA, California, Napa Valley)

• 2010 Myriad Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon - USA, California, Napa Valley (12/29/2012)
    I remember thinking that I will drink these while I wait for the Quivet Kenefick to get more bottle age. it turns out these will be gone by time milk goes bad in your cold fridge.

Nose of blue/red fruits with blueberries, raspberries and sassafras showing the lead. A very unctuous wine filled with verve and playfulness. Give this at least 2 hours to really show you the way, and then find a nice pure expression of bright Napa Cabernet. Balance is decent and tannins humongous, but don’t let them scare you away, this is ready to please. I get some hints of cassis, cedar and framboise. The finish is long and the verve remains. Well done–just ‘do it’. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

AG is nuts giving this just 88. Maybe even more nuts giving Maybach 89. Good for guys like me, who actually drink the stuff.

Mike, very nice note. I was probably a little less enthusiastic but we drained a bottle in less than 2 hours and clearly didn’t give it enough air as the last sips were most certainly the best. Either way, it seemed to show much more closed than a couple of Mike’s other 2010’s (the 2010 Three Twins is just awesome).

And now you got me wondering, how was AG on the other Myriad Cabs? Would appreciate, thx.

[cheers.gif]

Alex, thanks. He was ‘kinder’ t the others. He liked the Georges III best (92)