TN: 2010 Mollydooker Shiraz Velvet Glove

• 2010 Mollydooker Shiraz Velvet Glove - Australia, South Australia, Fleurieu, McLaren Vale (10/26/2011)
    Wow! For a young wine this is drinking off the charts. Not decanted and the nose offers blackberry, pepper, cherry and violets. Over the night the wine evolved and became more interesting. I see this wine drinking well for a decade but is drinking well right now. Long and intense finish. A balanced wine and no heat. Should be a top ten wine for sure! (96 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Super jammy? Acid level? Tannic structure? ABV?

I think this is what Sparky Marquis poured for me when he showed up at Friday’s Berserkerfest. Tons of flavor, but it needs sopme time to cool its jets. I woudln’t say it was too over the top for me now (no such thing) but I think a bit of age will let it get better.

It is not overly tannic. Not a fruit bomb by any means. Acidity is solid. The wine is drinking good now but it will improve for sure. A great effort.

Yes, it was this same wine. I thought it was quite yummy.

It is what he was pouring at the WS event.

Yep - and it was stunning.

And those of us lucky enough to meet Sparky at Berserkerfest got to shake his LEFT hand.
I thought it was one of the better Mollydookers I have tasted.
Not as nice as Jay’s 1825 Madeira however [cheers.gif]

I was amazed they were pouring this at a local wine shop annual tasting. Of course I brought a real stem but 98% of the guest drank this wine and so many others out of plastic. [wow.gif]