TN: 2010 Jean-Louis Dutraive (Domaine de la Grand'Cour) Fleurie Clos de la Grand'Cour Cuvée Vieilles Vignes

• 2010 Jean-Louis Dutraive (Domaine de la Grand’Cour) Fleurie Clos de la Grand’Cour Cuvée Vieilles Vignes - France, Burgundy, Beaujolais, Fleurie (6/30/2015)
    This is an absolute stunning wine, and quite possibly the best “bang for your buck” I have ever drunk. Incredible, incredible, perfume. Joy at the back of a beautiful woman’s neck. My wife instantly said smells like perfume on a beautiful, sexy woman!! Once I was able to get my nose away from the glass and taste the wine I was again wowed by perceptions of sour mashed succulent red fruit cherries, game and game blood, and rock dust. This is a juicy, succulent, dazzling wine! (96 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Wow Charlie, coming from you that’s very lofty praise. I’m sitting on '12 and '13 but have never tried this winery. Looking forward to it…

Robert, I was a little disappointed when I tried a bottle a couple of years ago, but this one was a stunner.

Enjoyed the '11…my first experience. It had lots of floral notes and baking spice. Very expressive nose and overall quite enjoyable. Wouldn’t call it “dazzling”, but for < $30, kind of a no-brainer unless you’re a Bojo-phobe. I’d expect the '13 to be quite good, based on the overall quality of the vintage.

RT

Nice. I love those wines, they’re maybe even my favorites in Fleurie. My favorite at Dutraive is the “Champagne”, but the Grand Cour VV is plain excellent as well. I was a tiny bit disappointed recently by the 13 Fleurie (tout court), but on the night we drank it, no 13 Bojo sang, so I blaim it on the evening as a whole. The only downside to Dutraive is that there’s no official importer to Germany, so I’m only able to snap a bottle here and a bottle there from friends who drive down. Not nearly enough bottles as I would like (these are wines to buy by the case).

Had 5 bottles of the 09 which are all gone that I drank at intervals with the last in Jan 2015 beginning in Nov 2012. Liked them all.

nice one charlie
I love this maker
I drink plenty when i visit but can never find them in Australia

Thanks Michel. This bottle was in a passive cellar in North Carolina Mts. High 40’s in winter and low 60 in summer with very gradual changes. The wine really came to life after a couple of years. I am ready to try the Champagne vineyard again as I liked it more than this wine back then. I can only imagine how great that bottle could be after an equally (hopefully) exponential change in yumminess.