TN: 2010 Domaine Trapet (Jean et Jean-Louis) Latricières-Chambertin

I bought a case but left my run on sampling a bottle a bit late.
The nose is closed for business. Even on day 2 it seems to be giving very little away. Day 3 there are piercing red fruits and florals, but held in check. The palate is sappy with an alternately sweet/sour cherry, red fruit palate of almost painful intensity. This has that 2010 crystalline energy and transparent character - front to back and side to side. Lovely fine tannins aplenty and a long mineral finish. It will be a beaut and, best of all, will likely carry that intensity through in an airy style, not full and heavy. Potential in spades but the ‘Do Not Disturb’ sign will be on the doorknob for a while.

Did you grab any Chambertin? The village is open for business and, while not in the same league, drinking well now.

big fan
Thanks for the note.

The '12 was also pretty well shut when I tried it earlier in the year.

Craig, only a couple of bottles of the Chambertin and I won’t be touching those.
Thanks for the heads up about the village. I aim to try alongside a Bachelet for an interesting comparison (although maybe a bit unfair as the Bachelet is VV). By the way you are now outed as “Chablis28” on CT.