TN: 2010 Domaine des Terres Dorées (Jean-Paul Brun) Beaujolais Cuvée l'Ancien Vieilles Vignes

• 2010 Domaine des Terres Dorées (Jean-Paul Brun) Beaujolais Cuvée l’Ancien Vieilles Vignes - France, Burgundy, Beaujolais (5/30/2012)
    Hmmmm… roast chicken with rice? What better than a Bojo? And I think it’s about time to start cracking the 2010s… So out came the cork on this bottle, but the wine was super tight even if it did smell of lovely red flowers and crunchy red berries. Nothing on the palate, so patience was called for. I let it sit and breathe while we cooked, and about an hour later when I poured it, the wine was softening up and rounding out, revealing similar aspects on the palate, with lovely crunchy red fruits and berries and flowers, with some nice minerality and acidity balancing things out. What struck me however was the mouthfeel and weight, how its medium body seemed round and almost slightly sweet at the front, like a small energized ball of somewhat tart fruit, then settled down and faded off into a minerally mid-palate and a slightly watery tail that ended with a medium finish. Unlike the 2009, I think this is more of a food wine, though I wouldn’t mind drinking it on its own. Delicious.

Posted from CellarTracker

“About time?”

Baby killer…

Sorry, that should read “about time to start tasting the 2010s.” My bad. [cheers.gif]