TN: 2010 Château de la Maltroye Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Dent de Chien

• 2010 Château de la Maltroye Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Dent de Chien - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru (6/16/2012)
    Big smoky lift to the nose (almost Montrachet like). There are notes of citrus blossom, white peach, salt, limestone and lemon. It is incredibly dense and chalky, built like red wine. There’s real sappiness but it is in no way heavy and the finish is long and quite linear. Barring premox you’d reckon something like this could live for many decades.

Posted from CellarTracker

Hi Jeremy,

Big D bought a bottle of this the Friday night before the DRC GE dinner, excellent wine, and it did sit very well beside a couple of Montrachets, that’s for sure.

Think form memory BH just gave this a pretty big score?? Interesting wine, interesting vineyard, I liked it a lot…

Just ordered a case from the big fella after how well it showed with lunch today. He informs me BH gave it a 95, big marks for a 1er Cru Chassagne!

I have really liked the “dog teeth” in earlier vintages. Have not tried the 2010 but have been fortunate to try earlier vintages from the 2000’s and have not had premox issues. My only problem with this wine is that it has been discovered and is quite pricy in the United States.