TN: 2010 Bedrock Wine Co. Mourvedre Ode to Lulu Rosé

• 2010 Bedrock Wine Co. Mourvedre Ode to Lulu Rosé - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Valley (3/14/2012)
    I had a single bottle left over from last Summer, which I sort of forgot about. Opened on a whim with tandoori chicken. I didn’t expect much, as I have had little luck with holding rose wines. This one, however, was worth hanging on to. The nose is pure summer fruit, strawberries, nectarine, a bit of an herbal zing on top of it all. The palate shows remarkable purity, with white peach, rhubarb, fine acidity, and a bit of unexpected weight that lends it some substance. This is a really great rose, and one which I’m sure will hang on for a bit, though probably as good as it will get right now. Opened at cellar temp, and shows great there or a little warmer.

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for the note Nate. I still have not opened one of my 3-pack yet and it sounds like I’m in for some nice sipping this spring/summer on the back porch.

This is probably my favorite wine to pair with Indian carryout. This was so pale on release I wondered if it might flesh out with some time in bottle. I believe I still have a couple in the cellar so thanks for the note!

Thanks for that. I have one left as well.

The beautiful weather this week in upstate NY has me thinking rose’. This one needs to be moved to the fridge pronto!

I enjoyed one of these on New Years day. Really enjoyable, very food friendly, too.

I had a few left over that I finished in Jan and Feb. This wine definitely got better. I got 12 of the 2011 version to to make sure that’d have a few more for “aging”