TN: 2009 Villa des Anges Cabernet Sauvignon Vin de Pays d'Oc

• 2009 Villa des Anges Cabernet Sauvignon Vin de Pays d’Oc - France, Languedoc Roussillon, Vin de Pays d’Oc (10/24/2010)
    Solid cabernet which represents outstanding value. Nose is full of blackberries and cassis. Dark fruit up front amid minerality in the middle and dry tannin in the back, which deftly has enough acid to accompany it. My local shop just had its annual tasting with 250+ wines poured. I bought a box of this and nothing else. Fantastic QPR. Pour without guilt. The Villa des Agnes delivers at twice the price. (87 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Did you ever have the 2008 by chance. I would love to know how it compares that that amazing value. If not, you should pick up an 08 to compare…so you can tell us.

Me, too, Rich.
This was my first time tasting any wine from the above house. If I had any info on the 2008 vintage, I would gladly share it with you. My retailer has zero of the 2008 in stock.
NB: Please don’t take my 87 for the 2009 as a crap rating versus the 89 David Schildknecht (WA) gave the 2008. I am currently a bit hesitant to over-rate wines. For the price - and if you can find any - I encourage you to buy a few and form your own opinion as I believe this represents fantastic value with either score.
Hope to see you on CellarTracker! with your opinion.
[cheers.gif]

commecial post: I am the importer of this wine.

The 2008 and 2009 vintages are far more similar than different. The differences are typical of western Languedoc (and Roussillon) in these vintages. Here 2008 is a great vintage; atypically low yields give a lot of density combined with full ripeness and high acidity. 2009 is a good vintage, just not as good IMO. For this specific wine, the '09 shares the full ripeness of the '08. It is a little softer due to slightly lower acid levels and not quite as concentrated due to normal (vs very low) yields. The aroma and flavor profiles are virtually identical. I will sell out of the '09 probably by the end of the year, it should still be findable in stores until the 2010 is released, probably in March or April. I will taste it in early January.

Dan Kravitz