TN: 2009 Saint-Cosme Côtes du Rhône

Nose: Tar, earth, animal hide

Palate: Dark fruits transition to dark cherry with a hint of plum with strong, drying tannins and a curtailed finish.

A nice QPR. While I am a burg guy, this is very nice and enjoyable. This can age further and will mellow, with the finish likely lengthening. Nice, while not a “WOW” wine, a good night’s drink. Solid B.

Posted from CellarTracker

Yep, that’s a great QPR and if you can still find the 2010 that is also similar in quality.

Thanks for the note Steve. Any sense of how far along this may be in its life cycle?

I bought 2 cases on release Jim. I just opened the first bottle. No rush at all on this one. I am planning to hold the second case for at least 3 years, maybe 5 years.

Thanks Steve. I love Rhone wines in general but have never really gotten CdRs. I suspect I’m just drinking them too young.

I bought a case of the 2010 a few days ago and opened the first bottle yesterday. That one was very tightly wound, all bound up in acidity and tannins; this wine won’t be ready to drink for years, although I could tell it will be a good one when it is finally ready. I took the rest of the case and squirreled it away, won’t try the next bottle for at least 2 years.