TN: 2009 Raymond Bouland Morgan Vielles Vignes

2009 Raymond Bouland Morgan Vielles Vignes - Took 7 hours of slow ox to fully open up. Medium intensity aromatics of dark cherries, smoke, meat and a bit of earth. Perhaps the barest hint of lifting VA. The earthiness almost comes across as something with stem inclusion. Medium intensity flavors of maraschino cherries that I really enjoy. Nicely tart acidity frames the flavors perfectly. This has less dry extract and sluttiness than alot of 09s but there is still intensity. This wine has a nice weight/power ratio. Nice finish that has a whisper of coffee - maybe. A bit of tannins that need resolving. B+. This could become an -A or even an A with some age. I’ll probably grab a few more and see how they age (I would check in again in 3 ot 4 years but I doubt it would be fully mature).

How much $?

Sounds nice. Just noted from your icon that I should gather that your rating system may reflect my style interests.

$16 or so. 2009 Beaujolais values are almost too good to really wrap one’s mind around.

I think the way I differ from some wine drinkers is that I value harmony and beauty more than concentration or power so I try to reflect that in the descriptions. I cringe a bit in that may sound pompus. I hope not.