TN: 2009 Louis Jadot Beaune 1er Cru 150 Anniversary

FTFY!

It seems pretty early to be drinking a Jadot that’s only three years old.

Me too, although there was a bit of remorse. Feeling a little better now.

Ditto!

I opened a bottle of this wine tonight. Very young, but beautiful with some air. A screaming bargain in the mid $40’s. Okay to pop one now to get a sense of it, then really should be left alone for 10 or 15 years.

-Al

I opened a bottle last night. This is a pleasant wine but that is about it. It has very little stuffing, not much tannin, and there’s a sort of Beaujolais grapiness to it. I will be serving a couple of bottles with the duck tomorrow because it will be perfectly nice and ready to go, but for me this is no screaming bargain. Take it for what it is, Burgundy to be chugged tomorrow with the Christmas bird. But put aside something a little more serious to drink with your cheese course.

Some very curious posts in this thread. Had this wine about a year ago at a Jadot dinner. Promptly bought a 6-pack with no plans whatsoever to touch one for 10 years. At a price point in the $40s I felt it was a steal.

The wine I tasted had ample stuffing, density and excellent harmony, once you see your way through the 2009 baby fat. Anyone who thinks the wine is a lightweight is drinking from a different batch than I tried - no doubt.

(FWIW, I also note Burghound’s Sept. 2012 review of this wine wherein he felt the wine was too tight to drink for 2-3 years and had 6-8 years of upside ahead of it. He rated it 91. Pretty consistent with what I tasted.)

Cheers,
Blair

Funny, I have had the opposite reaction and am now looking to line-up a six pack soon.

got six for $39.99 per.
alan

Yup.

I found this wine to be very average when I tasted it at a reputable Boston restaurant a couple months back. It was huge and ALL fruit and gave me no reason to think it has a bright future. The last thing I’d call the bottle I tried was light, so maybe some variation.

Had a '09 Chames and a '10 CdB at a Jadot lunch the other week, and they actually drank much better than most of the older wines…(especially the '02’s).

Having this tomorrow and will lay down the law on this wine. :wink:

I really enjoyed the 10 Jadot line-up. I also like Jadot Beze in general, usually around 93-95pts.
I posted my note on ERP and Antonio think’s this will age well and stand by his rating.

Posted from CellarTracker

I just had this, and while I thought it was good, it wasn’t great. It didn’t have enough definition, probably a victim of too many fruit sources. Simply, and straight forward.

Perhaps with the varied friit sources it will require more time to knit together.

I haven’t had this wine but recently have had some very good jadot beaune 1er crus from the 1990s. I don’t recall enjoying many jadot wines young (at least not the reds), so I would tend to think that the too-soon-to-tell crowd might be right about this one.

I served the remaining two bottles from the small stash I had bought with the duck at the Christmas meal. Lush, easy and a good match. Exactly as before, turbo-charged Beaujolais.

This is a fantastic wine. People who don’t like it should be sent to Burgundy reeducation camp, where they will be forced to drink delicious Beaune 1er Cru QPRs while recovering from La Tache and Cros Parantoux withdrawal. Nice layer of 09 fruit that will integrate over time. Wine is medium-bodied, but robust in a way that’s typical for good Beaune. Great acid lift with a regal mustard spicy minerality.

Nick, I would be game for the following: I ship you a bottle overnight, then you drink a glass or two and ship it right back. We would both be able to post notes on the same wine from the same bottle.

I have a feeling that there are several batches of this wine, and therefore several batches of opinions.