TN: 2009 Copain Syrah Les Voisins (USA, California, North Coast, Yorkville Highlands)

• 2009 Copain Syrah Les Voisins - USA, California, North Coast, Yorkville Highlands (11/3/2011)
    Inky purple, opaque.
    Nose of sweet black raspberries, smoke, peppercorn, grilled steak, vanilla, mocha.
    Medium + tannins, Medium + acidity, stem-y mouthfeel. Great depth of fruit, incredible concentration. Smoke and Oak tannin round out the chewy palate with a slight alcoholic and bitter finish.
    Overall, a solid, and very well made wine. Improves greatly with 30-45 minutes of airtime. Cellar 3-5 years and this wine should sing with the angels. Great job by Wells Guthrie and the crew at Copain.

Posted from CellarTracker

+1 Great value

I believe this wine was being poured in the tasting room at the pick-up event last month. I thought it had the prettiest nose I’ve ever experienced on a young Syrah.

it’s been poured there since at least August in the tasting room. I’ve stopped by in August, Sept, Oct, and was just there yesterday. Their tasting lineup hasn’t changed - Viog, LV PN, LV Syrah, Alder Springs “Spirit Block” Syrah.