TN: 2009 Château de Peyrassol Côtes de Provence Rosé

• 2009 Château de Peyrassol Côtes de Provence Rosé - France, Provence, Côtes de Provence (6/14/2010)
    Where has this rosé been all my life? Pale pink and crystal clear, this smells like a sea breeze and a juicy tangerine. The saltiness carries through to the palate, where it’s joined by clean, crisp minerality and bright ruby red grapefruit. In comparing this to some of my favorite pink wines, I’m struck by its balance. Everything is precisely in check. It’s not as searingly acidic as Ameztoi Rubentis Txakolina, which I can only enjoy with a meal, nor as full-bodied as Tempier rosé, which wears me down after a couple of glasses. We keep pouring it and drinking it, and every sip is as refreshing as the first. This is seriously good stuff.

Posted from CellarTracker

A BIG thank you to Veronica Castro for sending us this wine.

Sounds awesome! Where would one go to find this elixir? I love rose in the style you just described and sometimes have a difficult time finding it. I love Provence rose but the style is changing for many bottlings. I want exactly what you had. Closest I can think of I think was called La Commandiere.? I sell it at the restaurant and it is pretty good. Also a Saint Andre VV Mourvedre seems very good. Who imports the wine?

La Commandiere is from the same producer. I got this from Veronica Castro at Hi-Time, and it’s imported by Rosenthal.