TN: 2009 Campesino Syrah Sangiacomo Old Lakeville Vineyard

First bottle of the BerserkerDay purchase. I couldn’t find a dedicated thread for the 09 so here we go. Really nice wine but no rush at all opening any. A steal for the price and I look forward to seeing where it goes with time.

• 2009 Campesino Syrah Sangiacomo Old Lakeville Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (6/25/2013)
    Notes from day two. Young, with deep aromas of dark fruit, anise, dried flowers, white pepper and meat. The palate matches the nose but in a progression, starting out with blackberries/black cherries, moving to anise/dried flowers on the midpalate, with a finish of black + white pepper and meat. Medium acidity and tannins that initially taste light but build as the long finish progresses. Didn’t show as well on the PnP but as I finish the last glass this is at its best at the end, I’ll check back in a year or two as I think it’s still hiding its potential. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Glad you enjoyed it David. I agree the 09’s need sometime to fully express themselves. While good now, I think they will be even better for those that wait.