TN: 2009 Biggio Hamina Cellars Pinot Noir Deux Vert

• 2009 Biggio Hamina Cellars Pinot Noir Deux Vert - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Yamhill-Carlton (5/17/2023)
    Likewise to most, I'm counting down what I have left from Todd. It seriously kills me that one day this all ends. I just hope that the retirement boat is treating him well. This brings me to 13

This bottle is fruit forward of raspberry, strawberry, and pomegranate tart goodness. Not quite as structured but ok for that pretty spry punch of tart that punches in that sucks you in. Smooth otherwise, velvety.

Not a typical Todd wine, interesting, and enjoyable.

Posted from CellarTracker

So are you saying Todd’s wines are not typically interesting or enjoyable? :slight_smile:

Rich, I couldn’t agree more. It hurts even more having met and tasted with him. I still have a couple cases, which I’m in no hurry to open. These wines are just so lovely, especially with age (2010’s are phenomenal right now). But if Todd is happy in retirement, then I’m happy to make do with what I have.

1 Like

I can’t speak for Rick on this, but the '07’s and '09’s that I’ve had have been very different from '10 and forward. The '07’s (opened from 2019 - 2022) have been a bit blocky and clunky. The '09’s matched Rich’s experience above.

But '10’s have been ‘OMFG’ wines. Ethereal. The '16’s I’ve sampled seem like they’re on a similar path, but I’m mostly letting everything younger than '10 sleep.

2 Likes

LMAO

Not my best note nor grammar. I gotta go do some editing when I do get a chance; maybe tie some things together for context. My brother was in town and never had much experience with good wine other than a KJ or a typical Cab with a steak. This was part of a flight of things I put together one night. I’ll pop that out some time soon. Otherwise, I wish I could rig the bins where I hold Todd’s wines to slap my hand when I reach for them to make me think twice.

1 Like

Heya, thanks for the kind words! It’s nice to see folks checking in and reporting on the wines. I think the vast majority have the stuffing to age well.

The 07, 08 and 09’s will have a different aging trajectory because of the screwcap. The 2010’s represent to swap to traditional cork. I feel you can get 15-20 years out of both, but the cork finished wines that don’t fail (so most) will deliver a more open/prettier experience.

This said we opened an 09DV two weeks ago… very pretty, at least our guests said so. It smelled great.

1 Like

Boat life at Brunswick Landing Marina, Georgia.

5 Likes

Happy for you Todd, that’s an amazing view.

Glad you are enjoying your retirement. It’s well deserved.

One day, I hope to be paroled to someplace as nice. Not rushing but that attitude may change.

2 Likes

In another month or so we’ll relocate to St. Petersburg and I’ll get my hustle back on. I have not yet decided on what the next job will be…

1 Like

Decisions, decisions…

Have you ever considered a career in producing wine per chance?

Deckhand of your own boat may work too

1 Like

You can be a bat boy for the Rays :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It’s like you read my mind Bucky.

Hey, I wanted to follow up about the Rays… I work for them! I hustle the charity raffle tickets as a side gig while I figure out what’s next. Good call Bucky.

2 Likes

For my next trick, I’ll let you know which stocks to purchase :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: