TN: 2009 Alain Hudelot-Noellat Vosne-Romanée 1er Cru Les Suchots

• 2009 Alain Hudelot-Noellat Vosne-Romanée 1er Cru Les Suchots - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Vosne-Romanée 1er Cru (2/5/2013)
    Quite fresh with fine structure and balance. By no means a big wine, in fact quite reserved and shy, though it has great complexity and detail. Floral violets, fruit is both red and dark, and though quite sweet up front, the fine tannins kick in early and linger on the pepper and savoury finish. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Sounds very good Mike.

I really like this wine.

Mine still haven’t turned up yet, but I hope this is better than the RSV and RB…

Per Norman’s book, weren’t the vines for this wine planted in the 1920s? I bought a couple of 02 on a friend’s recommendation - may be time to open one soon.

Ian,

Please post a note when you do, as I have some resting in the cellar as well.

Sounds like a wine I will enjoy. Glad I have a few resting. Thank you for the note.

Hi Mike, thanks for opening one up and trying it out. Sounds pretty good with nice structure and balance. I will wait longer I think before opening one

Brodie

Glad you liked this Mike, thanks for posting. I had this sometime early last year and remember loving it, don’t know if I have the note typed up yet but will try to dig it up.

Thanks all for the feedback.

Paul, did I miss a note on the RB and RSV? A problen with them ?

Cheers Mike

Thanks Mike - sounds good - can’t recall cracking an 09 HN yet - perhaps that’s about to change.

Haven’t had the Suchots (can’t find any in my neck of the woods) but the 2009 HN CM is very good drinking now.

Thanks for the fine note Mike. I have only had the courage to drink the 09 Vosne, which I liked quite a bit. Hope you and Cathy are doing well

Cheers

Uh oh. That doesn’t sound good. What’s up with the RSV, Paul?
A

Hi Mike,

Had the RSV twice (oncle my bottle, once ata lunch), and the RB once (also mine) early on.

Found them way to ripe (quite new worldy also), and actually hard to enjoy…hopefully this changes with time.

Hi Paul, my experience with the 09’s on release were the same… not that great. Time in the bottle seems to have made a difference to the 1er and Village wines, possibly the GC’s will come around a little as well. My rating for the vintage is going up. Cheers Mike

All well. Having lunch with Texas based Kiwi - Brodie this Sunday. Some nice wines lined up for it… All the best to Kim and family.

[blush2.gif]

I tried a '09 VR Beaumont two weeks ago. Though the nose was good with ripe Vosne spices, the palate was a bit too sweet for me.

usually one of my favorite Suchots–after Arnoux.
alan