TN: 2008 Louis Carillon Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Perrières

2008 Louis Carillon Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Perrières - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru (10/7/2026)
Bitter sweet end to a WONDERFUL 8 pack purchased some 11yrs ago. Every bottle has put a smile on my face! #8 is definitely going into the golden years, and the shiny gold/amber color shows. BUT...this wine is far from oxed. Nose is all apricot marmalade and fresh squeeze citrus...some butterscotch spice, crushed rocks. Tons of citrus sours and tingly energy on the palate, to go beautifully with the creamy, GC weighted fruit...yes some dried honey, some antique store from age...but totally alive and kickin! Fascinating complexities, attention getting with every sip...just a wonderful white Burgundy experience! So long my friend...it's been a blast! (96 points)

Posted from CellarTracker

3 Likes

Marvellous :). I think I had my last one of these last year, but both the Perrieres and Referts were outstanding in '08 by my reckoning.

1 Like

Just realized I bought these from @Nick_Gangas thank you again!

And…what ever happened to SarahE? She was my Louis Carillon hero!

I bought a few of these from Envoyer in 2010. Unfortunately, I drank my last one in 2020. Terrific wine.