TN: 2008 François Raveneau Chablis 1er Cru Montmains

• 2008 François Raveneau Chablis 1er Cru Montmains - France, Burgundy, Chablis, Chablis 1er Cru (7/7/2016)
    OH the joy to have a whole bottle of Rav to yourself! Lighter pale yellow, green tinge in color…nose of cold white peaches, limes and lemons, buttered shellfish, salty sea mist. Richer than I thought it would be…but still bright as the North Star! Energized citrus…no-doubt-about-it Chablis minerality…salty, funky, and chalky…vibrant and full of complexity. Nice weight…almost oily…not as waxy as some Rav…wonderful florals, crushed rocks…finished with a flint smoke and spice kick! No need to pay the BIG bucks for the big dogs…this dude can HUNT! (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

I really like Montmains.

I think you need to do something with all that Screagle in the background…

maybe sell it for a few bottles of Raveneau.

Hi-yo!

I had a bottle of Raveneau’s 2001 Butteaux last week, with some seafood. Exquisite, immortal, wonderfully typical to Raveneau (that strange viscosity) and Chablis.

I would feel guilty drinking it by myself! Nice TN. Love Montmains.

Great note. Raveneau may be my favorite producer, anywhere – there’s a 4th dimension to their wines.

Nice note. Had the '08 Vaillons several months ago that had a similar texture you describe. Delicious, even when shared!

Wife and kids are away…a little deserving treat for myself after a 7 day work week! No guilt here!

Nice note, well written, thank you. Yes, a bottle like that to yourself is a great indulgence. Inspiring!