TN: 2008 Eric Kent Wine Cellars Pinot Noir Russian River Val

• 2008 Eric Kent Wine Cellars Pinot Noir Russian River Valley - USA, California, Sonoma County, Russian River Valley (5/4/2010)
    I’m a big fan of Eric Kent Pinots having bought them over the past few vintages. I found the 08 RRV to be enjoyable but not quite up to the standards of the Stiling Vineyard releases I’ve had in the past. The flavor profile was very appealing to me- red cherries and some raspberry wrapped in spice. But it seemed to lacking in acidity and the finish was a bit clipped. I know I tried this way before I probably should have and perhaps I’ll see improvement in coming bottles.

To be clear, it was an enjoyable Pinot and I’m picking nits. I look forward to trying again in a year or two.

Posted from CellarTracker

First year Kent has made an appellation type bottling of PN. Sells for a bit less than the single vineyard stuff. I like the wine. When I tried it I didn’t notice a lack of acidity or short finish. Did you decant or let it breathe for a while? The bottle I tried was opened for a few hours and was quite balanced with solid acidity. I am finding that Kent’s wines in general are becoming more elegant and finesseful as the years go on. Thread drift: and the Syrah’s that he has held back a year are the best I have tasted from him (07’s).

Jeff- Yes, first year for the RRV blend, and $30 through his wine club IIRC.

I drank the bottle over two days, admittedly well before I should have.

I’ll be interested to read others’ notes on it. I enjoyed it but wanted more acidity and a bit longer finish.