TN: 2008 Domaine du Adéle Rouzé Quincy (France, Loire Valley, Upper Loire, Quincy)

• 2008 Domaine du Adéle Rouzé Quincy - France, Loire Valley, Upper Loire, Quincy (1/30/2010)
    Attractive combination of grass, citrus, and peach on the nose - on the palate, very crisp, near-perfect acidity, some white peach, stones, grapefruit, and a clean finish - the acidity on this wine is what shines, as it’s not gut-busting (added) acidity, but simply spot on. I wish I had more, as it would be a perfect daily white. (91 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

I have one of these on the way. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Is the picture of the bottle you drank? It says 2005 on the label.

No, this is what is from CT - if there is no updated image, it will show whatever image is ‘closest’…

(this should go in FAQ, as it keeps coming up)

Thanks for the explanation. I suspected the image was not your bottle. I guess I must not spend enough time on the board (contrary to what my wife might say) because I haven’t ever seen this come up before.

In any event, it sounds like a delightful bottle from a region I want to explore more. I appreciate the note.

Todd- I haven’t drank much from Quincy. I can say that I prefer Sancerre to Pouilly- Fume and this sounds more in the realm of Sancerre. Would you agree?

It’s well worth seeking out, IMHO - I’m not a fan of CA Sauvignon Blanc all that much anymore because it seems to me that the acid is very harsh - as if it was added acid - particularly when it’s in my stomach. This wine was wonderfully acidic, but in a wholly different and more pleasurable way.

Anthony - absolutely more like Sancerre than Pouilly-Fume.